News:

Click https://ccgtcc.com to visit the CCA website!
Notice: Accounts with no first/last name will be "banned" until fixed. Contact admin for help.

Main Menu

What's up with all the SPAM?

Started by John Chopek LM-6386-255, Oct 05, 2026, 05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Chopek LM-6386-255


Jim Follis LM-3872-53

Sorry John,

They piled up. But working on it.

Jim

Barry Sherwood R-9037 (admin)

I recruited some admin/moderator help but methinks I need to do some more training.  I just caught up on 23 new alerts (new signups) and banned/deleted most of them.  A couple newbies answered the "what is your area of interest" with answers that are "close enough".  If they end up being spammers, I'll deal with them later.  They haven't posted anything at this point.

You can always report posts and/or posters and those will get our attention.

Sorry for the trouble.  I'll try to jump back in and keep tabs on the message boards personally.

-- barry
I'm a collector of $5 Nevada casino chips.  My want list can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/dvfzow00ip0oiv9204uzd/NevadaWantList.xlsx?rlkey=1isd9j9gdwuois9oimkkgfr6q&dl=0

Bob Pardue CLM-0003-40

Barry + John Chopek,
Yeah, the spam is like highway littering. Unsightly, but it will always be with us it seems.

Barry -- I typically visit the Forums once a day. If you'll do the training, I'll volunteer to be an admin to "police" the spam, along with the others.

John Chopek -- Give some thought to volunteering as a "spam policeman" too. The more the merrier, and I know you're a solid citizen in the chipper community.  :)

BobP